“A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.”
~ Edward Abbey
The 2018 Two Rivers Adventure Race offers a point-to-point journey through the unexpected wilderness of southeastern New Jersey, finishing against the backdrop one of the most iconic summer scenes on the east coast. Racers will encounter a true expedition-style trek — with technical navigation, substantial off-trail travel, and diverse terrain — and a paddle guaranteed to knock your socks off, with wide tidal swings, unique navigation, and fun strategy decisions and route choice. Join us for one of the most unique races on the East Coast this year!
- Date: August 18, 2018
- Time: 6:00am to 8:00pm
- Teams: 2-3 racers
- Location: southeastern New Jersey
- Lodging: We recommend staying in or around Atlantic City.
We have a course that will dazzle, and we want to maximize your time enjoying it. To accomplish that, our aim is to streamline race morning logistics and get you out in the woods as quickly as possible. More details will follow, but for now, here’s what you need to know:
- We will be hosting a virtual pre-race briefing on Facebook Live on Thursday night, which will include discussion course instructions and schematic.
- We will offer an optional (but encouraged) on-site check-in on Friday evening at a location near the start. There, racers will hand in their waivers and receive maps for section 1. For those that are unable to come Friday night, we will send a PDF version of the same maps.
- On Saturday morning, racers will arrive at the designated location ready to drop off bikes and paddle gear and board busses promptly at 4:45am. Those who did not check in Friday night will be expected to bring signed waivers with them. Everyone will receive the remaining course maps when they get on the busses.
- Due to the constraints of securing sufficient numbers of boats, there will be no solo category for the 2018 Two Rivers. If you’re interested in racing and looking for a teammate, please let us know and we’ll do our best to match you with someone!
- All racers will paddle on sit-on-top kayaks.
- While the paddling and trekking are something truly special, the riding for this course is pretty utilitarian. Because of that, we are breaking one of the Rules of AR and allowing any and all types of bikes at this race. You can use road bikes, touring bikes, mountain bikes, recumbent bikes, balance bikes, or tandems — whatever strikes your fancy!
- $135 per person through July 15, 2018
- $165 after July 15, 2018
Abby Perkiss and Brent Freedland