“A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.”
~ Edward Abbey
What better way to round out the year than a day of adventuring? The 2017 Two Rivers Adventure Race combines running, trekking, mountain biking, canoeing, and navigation for a semi-urban adventure in and around Wilmington, Delaware. Think you know what Delaware has to offer? Think again! This race features buttery smooth single track, a swift and scenic paddle, unique urban challenges, and land never before touched by adventure racers. This is a perfect event for beginners who want to take on a longer race, with more challenging options for the experienced racers.
- Official finishers can expect to travel at least 8 miles on foot, 15 miles on bike, and 8 miles on the water (31 total).
- To complete the full course, racers can plan for roughly 20 miles on foot, 27 on bike, and 8 on the water (55 total).
- Date: December 2, 2017
- Bike drop: 5:00am
- Registration: 5:30am
- Racers will board busses at 6:45am to the start
- Race: 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Post-race awards and party at a local bar: 8:30pm to 10:30pm (burgers and your first beer are on us!)
- We recommend hotels in or near Newark, DE — your best bet is between Exit 1 and Exit 4 on I-95
- Team Size: Solos and teams of 2-3 racers
- $140 per racer through November 1, 2017
- $160 per racer after November 1, 2017 (no race day registration)
Everyone who registers by November 1 will be entered into a raffle for a free single rack from 1Up USA Bike Racks!
Abby Perkiss and Brent Freedland