We’re less than one week out from the 2018 Two Rivers Adventure Race, and we can’t wait to share with you the wonderful wild woods and waterways of coastal New Jersey.
For those who missed the first racer update, you can access it here. Please read it carefully in terms of the schedule for this week. We also have a few additional details to share with you, as you make your final race arrangements:
1. Parking and check-in will take place at the Brigantine Elementary School.
2. We’ve fielded a few questions about boat configurations. Our plan is to have two-person teams in tandem sit-on-tops and three-person teams in a single and a tandem. We have paddles and PFDs for those who need them. Please email us by WEDNESDAY of this week to let us know if you will require them, so that we can make necessary arrangements.
3. On the trek section, you may elect to cross water that could be too deep to stand. These crossings may be anywhere from 10-100 meters. There are ways to get around but that may require additional distance of travel. We are not requiring that you bring PFDs with you for the section, but for those who might be wary of such crossings, we’re telling you now so that you can decide whether or not to bring them.
4. We are not doing a post-race party off-site this year, but there will be meal-ish food at the finish line.
5. Attached here are the two waivers you’ll need to sign for the race. If you’re skipping Friday night check-in, make sure that you print and fill them out ahead of time. We won’t have any available on Saturday morning. If you’re coming Friday, we will have copies to fill out, but we’d still encourage you to print and fill them out ahead of time, to streamline the process.
6. Finally, if you’re coming to Friday night check-in, you’re welcome to bring your bikes and load them into the U-Haul after check-in, to streamline the process a bit. You can also bring them to the elementary school Saturday morning, but make sure to give yourself enough time to drop them and paddle gear off. You’re welcome to leave shoes and helmets on the bikes, so long as they’re securely attached. If you’re not planning to check in Friday night, please let us know no later than Thursday so that we can send over the PDFs of the first maps on Friday.