Hello Rootstockers, and welcome to race week!
We write now with a few additional details, in anticipation of Saturday’s Two Rivers. If you missed our first update, it’s available here.
1. Bike Drop: Parking lot on Brandywine Creek Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803, across from the junction of Brandywine Creek Rd and Beaver Dam Rd. Make sure to drop off your bike before coming to race check-in.
2. Registration: 4317 South Creek Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317. When you arrive, follow the Rootstock Racing signs to the parking lot, look for race personnel managing parking, and be nice to the volunteers!
3. Course Breakdown: Over the course of the race, you can expect
- For foot-only division, up to 15 miles
- For bike/foot division, up to 10 miles on foot and 13 on bike
4. Gear considerations:
- You will encounter thorns on the foot section. For the few hearty souls who might be considering bare legs, we advise long pants over shorts.
- Please take the day-glo gear requirement seriously. Bandanas and hats are not sufficient — you need to have something that hunters can see. If you’re in need of something, we recommend this vest.
That’s all for now. We will be updating the team list online tomorrow. If there are any changes or updates this week, we’ll email again. Otherwise, we’ll look forward to seeing you bright and early on Saturday morning!