“A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.”
~ Edward Abbey
The 2017 Two Rivers Adventure Race combines running, mountain biking, canoeing, and navigation for a semi-urban adventure in and around Wilmington, Delaware. Think you know what Delaware has to offer? Think again! This race features buttery smooth single track, a swift and scenic paddle, unique urban challenges, and land never before touched by adventure racers. This is a perfect event for beginners who want to take on a longer race, with more challenging options for the experienced racers.
For those not quite ready to take on a 12-hour race, we’ll also be offering a shorter event on the same day. We’re still ironing out the details of this race, but for now, we can tell you that it will definitely involve foot travel, it may include mountain biking, and there won’t be any paddling. The course will be open for up to 5 hours, and all checkpoints will be optional — racers can choose to do as much or as little of the course as they choose. Everyone will be challenged to a fun and accessible course open to all ages.
- Date: December 2, 2017
- Team Size: Solos and teams of 2-3 racers. There will also be a family division for the 5-hour event. To register for the family division, at least one team member must be under 18.
Schedule and lodging suggestions coming soon.
- $140 per racer through November 1, 2017
- $160 per racer after November 1, 2017 (no race day registration)
- $50 per racer through November 1, 2017
- $60 per racer after November 1, 2017 (no race day registration)
Everyone who registers by November 1 will be entered into a raffle for a free single rack from 1Up USA Bike Racks!
Gear List: Coming soon!
Abby Perkiss and Brent Freedland